This content was written and sponsored by The Keri Shull Team, Arlingtonâ€™s top producing residential real estate team.
In this Neighborhood Spotlight, Libby Bish of The Keri Shull Team takes us to True Food in Ballston Quarter.
True Food Kitchen combines conscious nutrition with delicious dining.
As General Manager Quinn Edgar says, â€œEat better, feel better and celebrate a passion for better living.â€�
All kinds of diets are accommodated here: vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free â€” even keto and paleo. At other restaurants, conversations about your dietary restrictions with servers can be a prolonged hassle, but True Food Kitchen makes it easy.
True Food takes care to get sustainably farmed ingredients from reputable sources. Naturally, the menu rotates with the seasons to serve whatever is abundant and fresh at that time of year. True Foodâ€™s summer menu is currently in effect, including delicious craft cocktails full of fruit flavors and organic wines and spirits.
Some of Quinnâ€™s favorite dishes include:
- Charred Cauliflower with harissa tahini sauce. Served with dill, pistachio and mint.
- The Poke bowl with wild-caught albacore tuna, avocado and cucumber. The poke bowlâ€™s ponzu sauce has quinoa rice, cucumbers, pickled ginger, a lot of great summer flavors
- Tomato and watermelon salad with heirloom tomatoes with DNA from before 1950. This oneâ€™s also got the same delicious ponzu sauce as the poke bowl above.
- Ancient grains bowl: Quinoa, sweet potatoes, onions, avocado. This oneâ€™s perfect if youâ€™re dairy free.
True Food Kitchen also has a bar and house cocktails.
Quinn recommends some of True Food Kitchenâ€™s refreshing non-alcoholic beverages, which receive all the care and thought that mixologists usually devote to inventing cocktails:
- Medicine Man with green tea, pomegranate, black cherry and honey.
- Pomegranate Chia Limeade, a healthy twist on a summer classic.
- Lavender iced tea, with pea flower and lemon.
- Hangover Prescription, with pineapple, orange, honey and coconut water.
If you want a meal that makes you feel better- not worse â€” stop by True Food Kitchen in Ballston Quarter.
Want to live in Ballston or other incredible Arlington neighborhoods, surrounded by great spots like this? Contact The Keri Shull Team at 703-952-7653 or [email protected] and weâ€™ll help you find your next new home!